International research shows that Diploma Program students are better able than their peers to cope with demanding workloads, manage their time and meet the expectations placed on them. The program provides a strong foundation for highly motivated students. It is an academically challenging and balanced program. Students get a lot of benefits from its broad and balanced curriculum that facilitates in-depth study of a subject.
By studying in the IB, students develop core skills for success at university. Through the IBDP program at Johnson, students develop:
- An understanding of and appreciation for research through Extended Essay[EE]
- Explore the nature of knowledge through the program’s unique Theory of Knowledge
- Flourish physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically through CAS
- Study at least two languages
- Excel in traditional academic subjects
- Learn more than just collection of facts
- Develop critical thinking , analytical , logical reasoning and time management skills
- Enhance presentation and communication skills
- Broaden a sense of international mindedness and cultural understanding
"Kathik did his IB MYP from US. We relocated and joined him in Johnson IB. I was a little apprehensive about his adjustment into the Indian school. But the environment in Johnson IB, Teachers and Friends made him comfortable from day 1. He has successfully completed Engineering in Computer Science from SRM – Chennai and is currently placed in one of the top IT firms- Work Application."
Parent of Karthik Balaji
"The IB inspires a love of lifelong learning as the classes are not monotonous but action centric and includes research and reflection. Some of the skills I have imbibed are self management, ability to cope with pressure and a positive approach to risk taking. Thumbs up to Johnson IB Diploma Programme!"
Tanya Sharon Francis